/*--------------MBT Reply Link --------------*/ .MBT-replycomments{ background:#ECEAEA; cursor:pointer; color:#fff; margin:5px 0; float:right; border:none; padding:4px; -moz-border-radius:6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px; border-radius:6px; font:10px sans-serif; } .MBT-replycomments:hover{ background:#E7E7E7; }

About Me

My photo

I am a 21 year old performer currently trying to make it happen. London girl. Love meeting new people and visiting new places. 

Friday, 16 March 2012

The secret to my winged eyeliner..

Now, lets get one thing straight. its not much of a secret.. but i couldn't think of a better title for today. woops!
Im going to try and make this post as quick and simple as possible. my everyday makeup usually consists of a medium winged eyeliner and a lot of mascara. and i've often had people ask what i use etc. so i thought - why not do a blog post dedicated to it ?

I used to use liquid liner, which i didn't find hard to use and every now and then when I'm feeling lazy i do go back to it, but i have now discovered the magical thing called gel eyeliner. this was about 4/5 months ago, previous to that gel eyeliners were mainly constricted to higher end makeup brands until i saw that maybelline had jumped on the bandwagon. good for them! (and for my purse ;) 

i have now used *Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner* almost every single day for the past 4/5 months, and its still going strong. 


(just imagine this is clean..ha )
The maybelline gel eyeliner comes in a glass container with a silver tin lid. i think the packaging is pretty sleek and doesn't look at all cheep. 


as you can see, iv used quite alot, but this picture was taken about 3 and a half months down the line, and considering i use it everyday, its lasted very well..
There is a very reasonable amount of eyeliner for the price, which at a measly £6, isn't something that's gonna brake the bank. 

now there would be no point buying a gel eyeliner, without having a brush. and maybelline have clearly thought of this too, as the eyeliner comes with a nifty little brush that i Have applied it with before, and it does the job. so if you didn't want to go and purchase a brush aswell, then you could defiantly use that. for me, i like my eyeliner to be super sharp and the flick to be as perfect as i can manage, and i just couldn't get that with the brush that came with it. so instead i use a Bare minerals eyeliner brush.





 This eyeliner brush is extremely thin, making it perfect for precise thin lines, as well as build-able sharp thick lines. 

As you can see this eyeliner is as black as black can get, and that's what makes me love it even more. i have heard lots about gel eyeliners drying out after a month or 2, but im 4/5 months in now, and it may have dried up a little, but is 100% still usable and still applys really well, so i will defiantly be re-purchacing this.

i hope this helped all of you eyeliner lovers out there!

Ella Martine xxxx

12 comments:

  1. I stick with the cheapest and easiest to use - Essence which is shaped like a pen. I'm a boy when it comes to make up.
    EAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might have to pick some after i run out of my mac fluid line. Looks really nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I'm definetely tempted to try a gel eyeliner now !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so hopeless with liquid and gel liners! But you look amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing!
    i wish i could use make-up, i find it so difficult though
    you've applied it perfectly and it looks amazing :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much! i'm hoping to figure this out soon myself :)

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have amazing cat-eye winged liner skills! Thanks for sharing this review x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it looks so great on you! I used to use gel eyeliner as well, I might just go back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks really good, my friend got that when we went shopping - on offer for £5 wish I got it now :L xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you apply your eyeliner!
    Stunning :)

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou all for taking the time to comment on my blog :)